I am currently a student in Kaunas University of Technology (KTU), in my 2nd/3rd year of bachelor studies. And so far I am very satisfied with my university in pretty much every way. I am studying here Software Engineering, and the university is known to be one of the best places in Lithuania for these studies. Having already completed 2 years, I can say that I’m very happy with my university choice.
– At least for my studies program (Software Engineering), studies are based a lot on practical work (rather than only theory lectures), which I value a lot.
– Informatics faculty is very well equipped: many computer classes, there is never a lack of computers. All computers have all the necessary software installed.
– As far as I know, there are also many labs in other faculties (Mechanical Engineering, Chemical faculty, Civil Engineering) with modern equipment. Students have opportunities to use all those labs by themselves for additional research if they wish to do so.
– University provides support for students wishing to start their business. For example, some get free office in one of the dorms.
– Professors, as much as I experienced personally, are usually helpful and friendly, working really hard to make studies as good as possible. You can always contact one of the professors if you want advice, whether is it about your studies, your research work, your business, or anything else.
– Accommodation/dormitories: could be better, but overall they’re not bad. There are a few newly renovated dorms.
– Lots of international students.
– Many student organisations.
– Overall student life in Kaunas: I’d rate it as amazing.
Overall, I’m really happy with my university in pretty much all aspects, I can see that students are really being cared for in here.