University of Tubingen • Tübingen, Germany
The University of Tubingen is one of Germany’s oldest and famous university located in the city of Tubingen, Baden-Wurttemberg. It is noted in the studies of medicine, natural sciences, social sciences and humanities. The university has 11 Nobel Laureates in the fields of medicine ad chemistry. Tubingen has major concentration of university institutions in 4 areas:
• Old town – used by smaller humanities departments with adjacent castle, Schloss Hohentubingen
• Wilhemstrabe – residence of larger humanities departments and administration with the main library and refectory
• Morgenstelle – home for the large refectory. A new campus on the north hill of historic center of Tubingen
• Klinikum – the teaching hospital of the university
Studentenwerk is the one providing accommodation for students with location spread around the town. Waldhauser Ost and Franzosisches Viertel are the largest residence halls. The university has library is open to general public which houses 3 million volumes and over 7,600 journals.
The university has 7 faculties which is subdivided into several departments:
• Protestant Theology
• Catholic Theology
• Economics and Social Sciences
The Tubingen is maintaining their ranking as one of the best universities in the world and the top ten university in Germany.
For more information of admission requirements, please check out their website or social network.