This is a guideline to improve your personal life and the way you show up in the world. We will answer: how to get your best results? And find the secret path to mastery. The most critical step to achieve Mastery is overcoming our fears, check out our previous article- After the breaking point! Then, you should be able to expect more from yourself than anyone around you could ever hope from you. Just start whatever it is that you need and wish to do to take your life where you know it can be:
Innovation → Ask yourself: what can I improve today?
We tend to get trapped into living a double life: the one you experience every day and the one you wished you could have. The key to achieving self-mastery is to narrow down on the essentials and work on them despite your fears. The riskiest place you can be is trying to do the same things in the same ways as you’ve done them. So, be a visionary! Rethink the way you study by keeping challenging yourself to see things like the way you dream of seeing them. Dedicate yourself to be all about consistent, focus and never-ending improvement. Tnever-ending multiplier effects refer to the fact of taking small steps over time which will generate significant results.
Authenticity → Speak up for what you stand for
Get rid of your mask: we all try to build a specific mask of who we are and then hope we finally get accepted by the others- some chameleon like personality. This mask is made upon fear, the fear that people won’t accept us as we are. Thus, we trick ourselves into believing we are not enough. If you feel identify… it’s time to break your belief system, break your mental barriers and break your self-imposed rules!
Ethics → doing what’s right
Self-awareness ‘s necessary for evaluating your strengths and your weaknesses: acknowledging your values, express your original voice- what you stand for. Ethics it’s about behaviour, acting in ways congruent with your values and needs, even at the risk of criticism or rejection.
Prioritize → No more procrastination (do fewer but better things)
No more running around for elements that are not aligned with who you are, no more excuses, and no more dabbling around. You do need to learn how to prioritize your work and make efficient use of your time. The following techniques will help you to make progress on the micro-level, day-to-day basis:
- Make a list: First thing in the morning, write down everything that needs to get done that day. Once you have everything written down, separate the items into urgent vs non-urgent to determine the top priorities for that day. For instance, you can do first anything that has to be done right away.
- Essential activities should be of high priority: You will need to shift from complexity by cutting out all the low-impact activities of your daily work to make room for focusing on your high-impact ones.
- Use every minute of your time: to do only those things that will get you nearer to where you want to go- objectives
- Be flexible: To be able to efficiently prioritize, you must be able to deal with changing priorities. Take them as they come and decide if they are urgent or not.
- Set up deadlines for each task: To avoid spending too much time on one priority, deadlines prevent you from being caught up in a project or work. But, you have to acknowledge when you’re delivering too much attention to just one task.
Reaching the path to Mastery is all up to you. Are you ready to start doing a lot more of what you know you should be doing every day in your work and what you are the best at? It all begins with you reaching your absolute best. It’s all about doing a great job, right where you stand now!
Last but not least, I would like to inform you that some of the previous tips have been inspired by fascinating and self-reflective books. Bellow, I leave you their titles:
Cracked: How Telling The Truth Will Save Your Life (Andrei Cimbru)