York Business School is part of York St John University, which was established in 1841 in York, United Kingdom. Over the years, the University has put its name on the list of UK’s top universities for teaching quality.Show more
Academics at York Business School
York Business School offers Undergraduate, MBA degree apprenticeships and Postgraduate qualifications. The courses available at the School focus on progress and innovation and are taught by experienced academics and business professionals. Throughout their programmes, students have the opportunity to engage with a lot of project work and apprenticeships. For example, final year students get the chance to participate in a consultancy project, which requires them to provide advice to a client (business) and tackle challenges experienced by this client by providing effective solutions.
All courses offer the option of a placement year, which allows students to gain experience while still at University and stand out from the crowd when the time comes to secure their first job. All courses also provide students with the opportunity to spend a semester abroad. York Business School is one of the few schools that offer students the flexibility to take both a semester abroad and a placement year.
Campus & Student Life
The University’s campus, which has recently been renovated, is located in the center of the City of York. The campus has its own library, advanced IT facilities and modern lecture theatres. Among the endless list of high-quality facilities of the University are also a physiology lab, a biomechanics lab, a psychology lab, a fitness suite, physiotherapy labs, general teaching rooms, a dance studio, a drama studio, music rooms, TV and film production facilities, editing suites and art and design studios. Students can enjoy their time between lectures and grab something to eat in one of the catering outlets or the Students’ Union bar, café and shop.
The University has more than 27 sports clubs and over 35 societies, which offer something for everybody. If students cannot find what they are looking for among the available options, they can create their own society. The University has a wide range of top-quality sports facilities, including 3G and grass football and rugby pitches, outdoor tennis courts, outdoor netball courts, a Sports Hall and a lot more.
The University has a campus for postgraduate studies in London as well.
Career & Alumni
York St John is among the top universities in the UK when it comes to enhancing students’ employability.
- It maintains close ties with local and national businesses, which creates multiple opportunities for students to develop their professional skills and gain experience through placements and internships.
- The Success Lab is a three-year programme that students take along with their degree in order to obtain additional qualifications and develop important skills, such as public speaking and copywriting.
- The Employability Boot Camp prepares final year students for graduate positions by teaching them techniques and special knowledge that increase their chances to secure their desired job after graduation.
- The Grad2Director Scheme available on campus assists aspiring entrepreneurs among the student community in turning their business idea into reality.
- The Careers Service provides students with advice and support related to finding a part-time job over the course of their programme and securing a graduate position. It also supports graduates of the School throughout their careers and offers help whenever they need it.
The University aims to maintain its close connections with alumni through its global alumni network consisting of 28,000 people all over the globe. Alumni are entitled to exclusive benefits, such as discounts on room bookings for events, free membership of the University Library, Postgraduate discount, retail discounts, lifelong careers support and a lot more.