Alice Salomon was a strong advocate for women’s rights and social justice. She was the founder of Alice Salomon University of Applied Sciences Berlin, in 1899. The university was named as the Social School for Women during early years, training women in pedagogy and social work. It was then in 1971, the university was granted right to offer degrees and recognized as a State University of Applied Sciences for social work and pedagogy.
Today, the university is now Germany’s oldest and largest training institution of higher education in social work. They have modern university building in the district of Berlin in Hellersdorf, the Bright Center.
ASH Berlin’s profile goes around diversity and gender mainstreaming, promoting health, pro-family environment, cultural activities and international exchange. The ASH Berlin offers study programs under consecutive M.A program and undergraduate B.A. program:
• Consecutive Master Programs
1. Management and Quality development in the health sector M.Sc.
2. Practical Research in Social Work and Early Education M.A.
3. Public Health M.A.
• Bachelor’s Programs:
1. Early Childhood Education
2. Healthcare and nursing Management B.Sc.
3. Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy B.Sc.
4. Social Work B.A.
5. Social Work Online B.A. (degree program for employed students)
Please visit their main website and social network sites for more information and admission/enrollment requirements.
Write your review for this UniversityWrite review