Ruhr University of Bochum • Bochum, Germany
Founded in 1962, the Ruhr-University Bochum (RUB) is the first new public university in Germany located in southern hills of central Ruhr area Bochum. It is one of the largest universities in Germany and most important German research funding organization. They are one of the universities in Germany to introduce international bachelor and master degrees. The university has now more than 42,000 students, over 3,000 academic staff and over 2,000 administrative staff. University buildings are centralized in one campus in Bochum City.
The universities aim in teaching are “Experience, Learning and Living”. This is to increase the attractiveness in course and profile of teaching will be visible nationally and internationally.
There are independent scientific institution that are recognized and cooperate with the RUB:
• Guidelines of the Rectorate for the Recognition of Affiliated Institution
• Applied Innovation Research
• Education Law and Educational Research
• Hazardous substance research
• IDEMA society for comprehensive language
• Mercator Institute for China Studies
• TestDaF Institute
• Environmental Hygiene and Toxicology of the Hygiene Institute of the Ruhrgebiet
• Underground Infrastructure
• Housing, Real Estate, Urban, Regional Development
More information are available in their main website and social network.