Paedagogische Hochschule Heidelberg • Heidelberg, Germany
The Padagogische Hochschule Heidelberg University of Education is a training school for elementary school teachers that began in 1904, with only 39 students. It was then become the Law on the Education of Elementary School Teachers in 1958. Today, more than 4,600 students studying at the university. The Heidelberg University of Education was founded in 1962 and divided into three faculties:
• Faculty of Education and Social Sciences
• Faculty of Arts and Humanities
• Faculty of Natural and Social Sciences
The Ph Heidelberg has eleven buildings and a garden for teaching and research activities. Several buildings stand in the district of Neueheim and Neuenheimer Feld.
The university also supports registered refugees to gain access to qualifying scientifically as a refugee student.
The central information facility of PH Heidelberg is their library. It offers many helpful tools for students in their studying and research such as the collection of monographs, magazines and electronic resources (e-books and database).