I did my Erasmus semester at Masaryk University – Faculty of Economics, and it was one of the best experiences in life! I had two master’s courses and two bachelor’s courses there, and the teachers were very good and clear, and they spoke English very well.
I had pretty good international experiences while studying there since each class had a variety of nationalities and we could share some cultures among us.
Brno is a perfect place to live at, and a cheap place as well.
there is a lot of fun things to do there and you can never get bored, and of course, the location of the city is suitable where you can travel to Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, and Austria in few hours.
I suggest staying in Vinarska Halls and not to rent a flat, or you would miss a lot of fun and parties [Just as I did 🙁 ]View more
I am about to spend a semester at Masaryk university as an exchange student within Erasmus+ programme. I am currently studying at its Faculty of Informatics. This faculty offers a great number of courses thought in English. Other faculties of Masaryk university are even more popular among exchange students as MU welcomed approx. 800 exchange students this semester.
It is always worth mentioning that Brno is a student city so student life can be very rich, no matter what interests you. There are numerous events going on, as well as opportunities to travel for cheap and with ease all around Europe (bus or train from Brno/cheap flights from Vienna/Budapest/Bratislava/Prague).View more
The quality of various faculties could be varying but from what I have experienced it is very supportive and inspirational environment. The libraries offer an incredible amount of books and a cosy place to hide between the lectures. The lecturers are usually quite helpful and there is also plenty of student organisations which one can join in case he wants to do something more. The Uni also offers a help from its Career centre which helps students with basic skills required for finding a job. Since I am quite satisfied with my present studies here, I would certainly recommend it.View more
I would strongly recomend to study at Masaryk University, both to local and also to foreign students. It is a modern university in the hearth of Europe. Study programs are one of the best within the Czech republic and I am not afraid to state that also within the Europe. What is more there are many posibilities for students to actively participate in university life such as sports clubs and various students organisations. And last but not least Brno is awesome student city.View more
Masaryk University is the second largest university in the Czech Republic and it is known. The buildings are an ornament of already pretty Brno and they will not disappoint even the equipment that is modern and what is more, it is constantly changing for even more modern ones. In addition, MUNI, instead of complicatedly renovating the old building of the Faculty of Philosophy, decided to demolish the entire interior of the building and make it all modernized and changed altogether. The new coat naturally also gets an exterior. What matters to me at university is how it is with time. Basically, everything can be done online, from registration to subject registration, ordering food in the canteen, communicating with professors – just about everything, and most importantly – everything works. As far as teachers and the quality of teaching are concerned, there is nothing to doubt. MUNI is the top in the Czech Republic. I did not interfere with a professor who would not be fired and did not know 98% of everyone in his field, and the remaining 2% did not know where to find. Apart from these professors, MUNI also employs many unpaid specialists, who are the top practitioners in their field, so they can bring a practical fresh look and insight into the classroom, which is often different from the academic point of view, but it is true. The quality of teaching is already confirmed by countless professional publications that MUNI annually sparks and are recognized in its field. Masaryk University can offer everything to the student, so the student can only concentrate on his performance.View more