The Faculty of Economics, University of Tirana is one of the best faculties of economics in Albania. I enjoyed my time at this uni because of several reasons.
First of all, the program of our university will help you develop as a future economist. It includes specific subjects in order for all students to understand the complex concepts of economics. Most professors are well prepared and friendly with students. Our uni offers the Erasmus program which gives you the opportunity to study abroad and experience the life of a foreign student for an entire semester.
There are also some things that can be improved.
Mostly of subjects are learned theoretically. It would be better if the students had the opportunity to improve their practical experience. The facilities aren’t good at all. There are a lot of problems with classes ,computers and laboratories. Classes aren’t in good condition, some of them are very small so you don’t have any place to sit in. Regarding the uni staff, secretaries are sometimes unfriendly and they don’t respond on time whenever students have problems.
After all, I would recommend this university as a good choice for your future.
It has a lot of place for improvement in every aspect. It needs to work on it’s facilities and schedules. It desperately needs to fix the heat system and all the classrooms. It lacks a lot when it comes to putting in practise what you been studying and should help it’s students when it comes to finding an internship.View more
Faculty of economics, university of Tirana, is one of the best university in Albania, that gives to all the opportunity to study economics subjects such as finance, business administration, marketing. It is located in Tirana with great infrastructure. The lessons and books are the same as those in other European countries. Students gain important skills which help them with their future job. The professors are very prepared and qualified not only in our country but even in other universities in Europe or the US. I also like the fact that the voice of students and their problems are listened to by the dean of students.View more
This faculty has a large number of students and you have the opportunity to socialize and to create your web of friends. The subjects are really helpful for your career in the future and it prepares you for whats coming. But the practices in this faculty aren’t its strong points. Everything is theorical and you only get to learn in words and never have the chance to practice what you’ve learnt . But this is very common in every university in Albania. Second, since the number of students is very large, there are also a lot of teachers and maybe a lot more is needed. Not all of them are professionals . Some don’t have the passion for the job their doing and some are just lazy. You have to be lucky to get the chance to be teached by the famous really good professors . The books may not be the best out there but compared with other universities they are definitely the most useful ones. The facilities aren’t good at all. There are classes where you don’t have any place to sit in. The only thing we are pround about is the library . I enjoy this university because i really love my programme.View more
The key to a good university are the lecturers. In general, our faculty lecturers possess good teaching skills (with the exception of some). Faculty facilities must be regulated. The condition of the laboratories is not at all satisfactory and the condition of desks and chairs as well. The organising activities is scarce.View more
Administration Business graduate (Bachelor’s), July 2019.
Overall, this faculty is seven all across the board, in my opinion. Firstly, I would like to highlight the best things in my experience.
1. Literature: books are good, a lot of real-life examples and a lot of study cases, national and international ones.
2. Academic Staff: There are professors really capable of transmitting academic knowledge to students but not only that, I would like to mention some professors that really push their students to know more, that motivate them and try to learn them to open their wings to a world of limitless possibilities
3. Career Activities: there is a yearly showroom (every spring) of different national and international companies (for ex. Deloitte, Vodafone, Intesa Sanpaolo Bank, etc) that come together in the faculty hall to attract best students in their intern programs or to offer jobs to the graduate students.
Now to the negative aspects that pretty much apply to most of the public higher institutions in Albania:
1. Infrastructure: a really weak point actually, investments have been made throughout the years but there are a lot of problems regarding the physical classes, computers, accounting, and informatics laboratories. Also, I would mention the Biblioteca, its space is not enough for an institution of higher education of more than 4000 students, there is a limited number of academic reviews and studies, books available to master and doctorate students.
2. Timeline of classes: being a master’s student is especially hard because there is no flexibility in following lectures and also having a job/internship (part/full time).
3. Price: price-wise, to get a degree is relatively cheap but there is a hard time for students that have really low incomes. Also not to mention the price of the books, especially the ones that come as a translated publishings, that cost more than 2000 ALL on average.
4. Student life: is very poor in activities, all I can think about is ‘the summer school’ and ‘the debate championship’. There are no clubs were different students can come together and share experiences and become good friends (really cold people in general, need some love). I’d like to see more volunteering activities towards the orphanages and maybe helping the community around the campus.
I have good memories of FEUT and there are moments and people that changed my life and that I will never forget. Maybe there things are not perfect but I’ve learned everything around you depends in the way that you see things.
I think that students that graduate in FEUT can easily do well in master programs in European universities.
It is the best faculty of economics in the country. The professors are very prepared and teach very well.The infrastucture is not very good and some of professors aren’t good with students.The voice of students is listened from the structure of faculty.View more
A very good uni, with good and friendly professors. Feut has an excellent education program. It prepares you for your future job and more. The uni is very big and nice.
I would totally recommend as a good choice for your education.
I would not recommend to any student for bachelor or master programs because it is very expensive, teachers are not communicative, the infrastructure and hygiene or basic necessities like internet are in poor condition, the whole school heating / cooling system is out of service and the secretarial service is impossible and not flexible.View more
The University of Tirana is the most reliable and based on meritocracy. There is a well-trained pedagogue. The academic staff consists of the intellectuals of our country. Although there is room for improvement.View more