A few years ago, the idea of studying abroad seemed inconceivable or involved too much red tape. Today, we are spoilt for choice and the ongoing development of distance learning gives us boundless educational opportunities.
Traditional bachelor and master degrees are slowly sinking into oblivion and are replaced by more time-efficient solutions. What are the best short term courses in Europe, and why is it worth choosing this form of education?
Benefits of non-degree programmes
Did you know that 65% of children who start school today will end up in a job that doesn’t exist yet? The constant development of the market frequently means that getting a specific diploma is a waste of time, as alumni don’t work in their professions anyway.
Those who strive to upgrade professional skills can benefit from short courses offered by various educational institutions. When taking up non-degree programmes, students focus on subjects that profit their careers.
What are the main advantages of short term courses in Europe?
- time and money efficiency – students focus on core subjects and don’t need to pay for all the classes,
- convenience – short courses can be taken online by virtually anyone, at times that suit participants,
- an investment that pays off – quality programmes give you an opportunity to gain a competitive edge over your market rivals and improve your career prospects. Continuous education is a recipe for filling gaps in your business knowledge,
- theory and practice – short courses usually cover practical and theoretical aspects that will allow you to move up the career ladder,
- certificates – if you think that degree programmes are a more profitable option because you get a diploma, you couldn’t be further from the truth. Most courses issue certificates that prove their completion.
The 4 best short courses in Europe
1. TBS Business School
TBS Business School based in London, Toulouse and Paris is the right fit for everyone wishing to expand their knowledge in fields of marketing analytics, digital transformation, corporate governance and sustainable investing or international banking and finance.
As evidenced by student reviews, the school is renowned for its professors and career prospects. It’s a perfect environment for boosting your language skills and developing professional expertise.
This online platform organizes a variety of non-degree programmes that will allow you to learn accounting, bookkeeping, HR as well as application hacking or anger management. E-courses4you is an ideal solution for those who want to discover the secrets of Adobe Lightroom CC, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Angular or Excel. Students have unlimited access to the courses for 12 months and can comfortably learn at their own pace.
EU2P delivers short courses that revolve around Pharmacovigilance and Pharmacoepidemiology. Programmes devoted to risk identification and quantification, medicines and public health or basics for pharmacovigilance and pharmacoepidemiology are dedicated to those who want to explore the potential of medicines during theoretical and practical training. Once you complete the course, you obtain a diploma.
4. The American University of Rome
This institution in the heart of Italy runs non-degree programmes that will help you expand your academic writing skills. Apart from that, the university offers courses on geographic information systems and cultural heritage, crime and security.
The American University of Rome is attended by approximately 550 students who come from 30 countries which proves that the environment is friendly for foreign learners.
The development of online learning and short courses in Europe has facilitated the lives of millions of people who want to expand their horizons and acquire new business skills. Benefiting from this option is a time and money efficient alternative to traditional studies that often don’t bring the expected results.