One of the oldest institutions of higher educations in German language, The University of Giessen was founded as a Lutheran university in 1607, in the city of Giessen in Hesse-Darmstadt. It was named after Justus von Liebig, founder of modern agricultural chemistry and inventor of artificial fertiliser.
The university now have more than 28,000 students with more than 3,000 academic staff. It is affiliated with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and German Research Council (DFG).
There is no defined campus for JLU, but buildings and facilitiies are grouped together with their subject areas located around Giessen. The area of Philosophikum II has a number of faculty buildings and lecture theatres including Audimax that contains several lecture halls whose atrium often used for concerts and disco nights as they locally called it as “Uni-Partys”. For the university’s partners internationally, they have 215 Erasmus partner in Europe, 18 in North America and 9 in Australia with 2,500 foreign students.
For more information, please visit their main website and social media account.
Write your review for this UniversityWrite review